Episode nine of the “Be the Voice” podcast stars online media mogul Susan Bratton, co-founder and CEO of Personal Life Media.
What is the “Be the Voice” podcast? Interviews with individuals developing thought leadership for themselves and their organization to drive business growth.
Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes
Subscribe to the Be the Voice blog
Here are some of the highlights from my interview with Susan Bratton:
Summary (Susan Bratton):
- Podcast production: deliver exactly the same format consistently gives listeners the comfort that you’re there for them.
- Have an individual in mind (ideally a thought leader) when you’re asking questions during your show.
- Personal Life Media’s network of 25 programs have taken off thanks to the network effect which we all know by the other name of social media.
- Don’t be afraid to approach someone yourself if you think you’re the ideal candidate.
- Ad agencies need to follow UGC, not try to control it, and encourage engagement.
- Your audience doesn’t care about you. They care about themselves. What are you going to give them?
- Bloggers are not journalists, but some are. Proceed with caution.
Read the entire article and listen to my interview with Susan Bratton [23:02m].
Check out other episodes of the “Be the Voice” podcast.
- Build your audience by sharing their ideals and beliefs – Be the Voice podcast
- The blog is the new resume – Be the Voice podcast
- Any problems you're hiding will eventually blow up in your face – Be the Voice podcast
- Feed the market what it wants and you don't need to do marketing – Be the Voice podcast
- How to launch a community from nothing – Be the Voice podcast