Whether posting something public what you meant to DM (hello Anthony Weiner) or letting drunken photos of you get posted to Facebook, we’ve all done stupid things in social media. At the 2012 TechCrunch Disrupt conference in San Francisco, I asked the socially savvy attendees, “What’s the most embarrassing thing either you or someone else has done in social media?” Even though they wanted to block out the past, many were able to come up with some embarrassing tales.
Creative Commons photo attribution to mloberg.
- Is the social media space too crowded?
- Best Interviews and Funniest Moments from Spark Media Solutions
- Have you ever bought a product you wish you’d tested first?
- TechCrunch Disrupt Hackathon: What Developers Wish They Knew
- Using social media to experience the Obama inauguration before, during, and after